• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bonding plastic and fiberglass?

Mutant_Xj

NAXJA Forum User
I want to cut down a oem sound bar and attach it to a oem overhead console. what would be the best way to do this?

I have 2 sound bars in the jeep for when its doorless and I just picked up an overhead console. To keep from pushing the front sound bar way back I was thinking about cutting the middle out and ataching it to the console in a T shape. I've never done anything like this before so I honestly wouldn't know where to start looking for info.

T.I.A.
Damien

I have used a 2 part plastic epoxy fron home depot to attach trim piece mounts for a plastic motorcycle fairing to a racing fiberglass fairing with excellent results. It comes in a twin plunger tube and has a sorta tan color. It is a 5 min cure.

Check out SEM, Fusor, or 3M/Duramix. These companies make structural adhesives for these purposes. Try an auto body supply, or even NAPA carries some of them.

Awsome! I'll get out to napa tomarrow. If anyones interested I'll post pics when done. I have skid plates to put on, rear fenders to trim, and a 99+ intake to swap first so it'll be a little while.

Back