• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood pins, what to buy?

HeavyMetal

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search on this and strangely didnt come up with a lot on the subject. I need to buy some hoodpins for my project cherokee, i see a lot for sale everywhere, but im not convinced all of em will be long enough to use, as they dont list lengths.

does anyone have any first hand experience they can share? id like to do this right, One shot.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs..._ID:2001432&productId=2001432&catalogId=10101

good to go?

Last edited:
vegas_baja said:
These are the best you can buy.
$15 for the pair in any color.
from the website: (even in bold)

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Note: Hood pin kits are sold individually (not in pairs). Some racers use 5 kits on a hood, for instance, 3 across the front and 2 in the rear. Keep this in mind when ordering. Prices are $15 each and $17.50 ea. with leashes.

they do look nice though...

you planning on continuing to use the factory latch mechanism?

[/FONT]

xcm said:
from the website:
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Note: Hood pin kits are sold individually (not in pairs). Some racers use 5 kits on a hood, for instance, 3 across the front and 2 in the rear. Keep this in mind when ordering. Prices are $15 each and $17.50 ea. with leashes.

they do look nice though...

Wow, the price went way up. I can get them way cheaper locally.
I'll check on monday to see what I can get them for.
If anybody is ever interested, shoot me a PM for a set.

Back