• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cowl hood scoop

jp904x4

NAXJA Forum User
im thinking of buying a 2 inch cowl hood scoop from summit. but i want to rivet it on and then cut out the under side so the motor can cool. do u guys think it will look gay or ok

I think it all depends on your rig. If you're anything close to stock, it might be too much. But if you've got a big, bad-ass looking jeep, than it would be ok. Also I typically see those types of hoods on muscle cars, so it would also go better if you've got some decent performance mods.

-Jeff

If you do a nice job it will look fine. Go to http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/ and look at his. It is a full hood but you can still get an idea of the looks.

I really like these ones.

Vents21.jpg

I agree.... it depends on how extreme your rig is as to how it will look... if you care....

Once you get D60's and 4.7 stroked motor..... you can sport one of these and no one will say anything... especially when you burn out on 42's... ok so I still tease him a little...
Cabin%20Fever%2007%20136_jpg.jpg

troy6187 said:
http://www.fototime.com/users/[email protected]/fun here are some pics of mine. its homemade from a ford ranger hood skin. lets lots of heat out of the engine compartment and doesnt look too bad

Just a little too extreme for my tastes but to each his own.
BTW where did you mount the solenoid box for your winch? That is cool looking w/o that box setting up on top of the winch.

the solenoid box is mounted under the hood to keep it out of the elements. the hood scoop was one of those projects that came out of boredom and the need to let heat out of the engine compartment.v-8's make more heat than a 4.0

troy6187 said:
the solenoid box is mounted under the hood to keep it out of the elements. the hood scoop was one of those projects that came out of boredom and the need to let heat out of the engine compartment.v-8's make more heat than a 4.0

I don't see abny place large enough to mount the solenoid box under my hood. Got any pictures?
I was also thinking about a rear faceing hood scoop (smaller than yours) do you have any problems with water intrusion into the engine compartment?

troy6187 said:

I don't see any place large enough to mount the solenoid box under my hood. Got any pictures? V8 Cool. Chevy...Ford...Chryco???
I was also thinking about a rear faceing hood scoop (smaller than yours) do you have any problems with water intrusion into the engine compartment?

Here's mine, its about a 3" cowl, I needed something to help lower the temp und the hood after the stroker went in.

IMG_3011.jpg

the solenoid box fits under my hood because all the stuff under yours is gone from mine. mine is v-8 and offroad only. so far i have had no problems with water entering through the scoop.... but we'll see how long that lasts

a guy in my neighbor hood has a scoop on his and it looks pretty sharp ! its similar to the 110 .when i first saw it it was a different color from the hood ,then he painted it to mach and it looks good lii try to get a pic for ya .

Back