• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PROBLEMS WITH THE SHAKE..

corywmower

NAXJA Forum User
I have the wobble on what appears to be the driver's side wheel. I have researched these posts as well as other sites...can't find a solution..my problems is...about a year ago I changed the hub and ujoint on the driver's side..the passenger side ujoint was replaced around the same time. The wobble that was there pretty much went away...so recently I find the hub is bad already on the driver's side....but still little to no wobble...so I replace the hub with a better quality hub..and low and behold...shake is back and worse than two hubs ago....every thing else appears tight...swapped tires around and there is no difference...the wobble comes on at about 50 mph and stays till about 55...sometimes it's worse than others....any suggestions? been dealing with this and researching it for a long time....some one just tell me what will work....

Already rotated them...no difference in shake...maybe their both off balance the same...One idea I forgot to mention...I tighten the axle nut the back woods way with no torque wrench...could too tight/loose be the problem?

What year is it? It's a really common problem on later models. Mine does the same. i have to replace u-joint every year or 2. I've heard replacing the steering stabilizer can help.

It's a 2000..just replaced the joint this time last year...I don't see that it's bad..still looks good no slop...

Back