• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pulled Front, T-case, and gas tank skids from a 2dr, Will they fit on my 96 4dr?

Plays For Jeeps

NAXJA Forum User
So far nothing is lining up at all. Just wondering if I was missing something. :banghead:

The T-case skid lines up with the holes in the cross member but not on the drivers side frame rail. Can I just rivet them on as stated in another thread?

The front skid has 4 bolt mounts along the front lip. My XJ doesnt have any bolt holes to run through up front.

I got all three for $11 so I guess I can't complain. As you can see they're in great shape after alittle power wash.

Heres the T-case skid.

IMG00469.jpg

IMG00468.jpg

Last edited:
^It was a old Chief. I didn't look for a year. I popped the hood and noticed it wasn't a I6, the oil filter was on the drivers side too. I was in a rush I pulled all 3 off in 20 minutes before the yard closed.

I just assumed they were inter-changable from 84-96 like I read on here. The crossmember looked nothing like the one on my 96 too.

Heres my 96 crossmember:

IMG00471.jpg

Last edited:
I just put a front skid on my 93. The bolts in the front of the skid looked like threaded rod that was pressed into the 87 that i pulled it off of (somebody got the back axle to dammit). I just ran to lowes and got bolts that would fit in the pre drilled holes. The gas tank skid should use the holes for the hitch if you don't have one I hope you grabbed the nutsert. and I can't help you with the tcase skid.

Its werid, there are no holes up front for the skid or I would just run to lowes and grab some bolts.

I would have grabed the cross member off the Jeep in th JY but it was a single plate intstead of the boxed one on the 96. I knew they weren't the same.

^lol The sway bars were bolted directly to the frame. The skid plate was notched were the bars would bolt up. I thought It was just the way it was made.

Im going to post pics shortly.

Back