• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Labarron Vents..what years?

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Well i know that the hood vents most are getting are off a Chrysler labaron turbo, but what years? and i also heard you can find them on New yorkers as well? well i just wanna know what years??

I had a set of Labarron vents on my last XJ hood. I didnt like them so much. First off they are a little on the heavy side and it tends to make the hood rattle alot. Then you have the rain/water issue. I ended up getting a set from www.genright.com and they work perfect. Keeps most of the water off the motor and they are light.

i like the look of my MJ cab side vent thingys on the hood, i don't got any pics of em but same principle as the lebaron vents, plus they're from an MJ, not a sissy-azz lebaron

zzyzx said:
I had a set of Labarron vents on my last XJ hood. I didnt like them so much. First off they are a little on the heavy side and it tends to make the hood rattle alot. Then you have the rain/water issue. I ended up getting a set from www.genright.com and they work perfect. Keeps most of the water off the motor and they are light.

That is why I love this site. Thank you, that is probably one of the better info's I've recieved in a minute. I'm going to have to order some in the next couple of days.

Well not many junk yards around here have em, and was wondering if anyone has used louvers or vents from like Home depot or Lowes?? i dont want anything tacky but dont want to spend more than 40-50 bucks

Cherokeekid88 said:
Well not many junk yards around here have em, and was wondering if anyone has used louvers or vents from like Home depot or Lowes?? i dont want anything tacky but dont want to spend more than 40-50 bucks

Ive seen it done with heater/registers before. To me it just looks ghetto fab. But thats just me i guess. That and i kinda like the old HOT ROD look.

207195zz.jpg

XJsurf said:
That is why I love this site. Thank you, that is probably one of the better info's I've recieved in a minute. I'm going to have to order some in the next couple of days.

Anytime :cheers:

I got a set of Labarons last year and onlypaid $20.00 for two sets.
They are very easy to get off the car with only 4-6 screws. It then only took the cutting to put them in the hood on the XJ. After I cut the hood, I used a tube I had left over of Fireplace caulk that is good up to 500 deg.
I have bot any problems with them at all. The Blizzard this last year and sub zero temps gave the engine no problems at all.
I have noticed the Heat that pours out of the hood when driving and in slow traffic.
I would say go with them. They are easy to paint and very stout.
They look really good, even though you can spend less on a "house roof vent", but they wont look as good.

Not Home Depot. Menards. $8 total. And yes there rough because my saw wasn't working and I had to 'grind' them. Oh well, they do what I want. Function over form. Chrome won't get you home. Blah, blah.

And yes I did think about the vents that you can close. Hook a cable and you can open and close them at will! But when I thought about it I giggled too much.

Randy Curran said:
I'll bite. How do you know?

The year of the El Nino i had that XJ and i was trying to drive into work. Every stinking time a drop of water would hit the wires/cap/rotor my motor would just lose fire all together and die. So id have to stop and dry everything down with brake cleaner and wait till it would clear up. That sucked a$$ so i sold the hood the next week and did a tune up. After that all was well.

XJsurf said:
Ever in San Diego, hit me up I'll owe you a beer.

I surf lower trestles, T street , Salt Creek , Blacks and scripps from time to time! Beers on you and the tacos are on me! :cheers:

I've heard all the Pro's and Con's, but what I want to know is.... Who has a set to sell. ALL the bone yards around here (central PA) crush anything older than a '97, so I can't find any.

(Tattoo) Jack

look in the classifieds section. i think theres a guy who still has 2 sets of vents for sale...he's selling them for way too much ($70)...but i guess thats how supply and demand works.

Jack-U said:
I've heard all the Pro's and Con's, but what I want to know is.... Who has a set to sell. ALL the bone yards around here (central PA) crush anything older than a '97, so I can't find any.

(Tattoo) Jack

PM me, that'll remind me to look around in the boneyards around here. We'll work on pricing, but I'll get them to ya for cheaper than $70/pair...

I recently found myself a set of the LeBaron vents, and loved them (FYI - The New Yorker Turbos that had those vents are extremely hard to find....look for a 1984). I was concerned about the rain and such too, but this area just took a solid week of rain. I only had a very small misfire, one time, after leaving it sit in the pouring rain for 10 hours....

Back