• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shelf-It overhead storage?

br1anstorm

NAXJA Forum User
I remember seeing an ad somewhere for an overhead storage shelf custom-shaped to fit above the windshield of a Jeep XJ. I think it fitted using the existing visor-mounts (and the visors then had to be re-fitted to the underside of the shelf). Anyone know if - and where - this is still available? JC Whitney seems to have something similar, but only to fit Dodge trucks...

br1anstorm

Thats the place to get them if you still can. I would call, and check. IIRC the 97+ Cherokee wasn't listed when I got mine, but the still had them.

Thanks. Problem is, JC Whitney isn't exactly local for me and calling is a bit tricky - as I'm in the UK it would have to be a late-night transatlantic call! Ideally I'd like to find a supplier over the internet if possible...

they had them for my astro van at jc whitney. Did you try an email inquiry? I have called about stuff NOT in the catalog or web site, and JC whitney is good at returning messages. I think they will call you back in about 3 days or less.:thumbup:

I looked all over for one of these a few years ago...

Would love to have one. Please let me know if you find one.

AWESOME!!! plus did ya notice it lowers the sunvisors??? I am only 5' 3" and man the visor right now sets just at eye level and doesnt do squat for me when the sun hits my eyes,unless i tilt my head like some nose hi stuck up harvard geek.:dunce: Just for that alone I want one!!!!!

well unless you plan on using a welding lens with it!!!!!!! LOL ok do this next time the sun is in your eyes...look directly at the sun with sun glasses on........by the way I do wear sun glasses too..........:attom: Unless I make a drop version......to compilate my transfer case drop:eeks1: OH damn I have a SYE now!!!!!!!! uh I know ..... enter the RBE...... Retna Burn Eliminator..:wierd:

Most trail entrances around here would have all that shit in your lap LOL.

Darth said:
You got me curious about this. I would love to have one for my XJ as well. So I dug around a bit and look what I found http://www.vdpusa.com/07-cat2.html
that is the 2007 catalog. I will give them a call in the next couple of days and see what they tell me for price.
Thanks Darth - a good find. I've emailed them to see if they can ship to the UK. Hope it doesn't make the thing too expensive.

And anyway, it looks as if this thread will have helped some other XJ owners too...

br1anstorm

I've got one new in the box and if anyone wants to buy it for $50, just email me at [email protected] I installed it in my 90 for about 5 minutes. I'm 6-4 and decided it was going to slice off the top of my skull if I ever had a front end crash. If you're under about 6 feet tall it should be fine. It's really too bad, as I think it's a great idea. It is black (I got it from JC Whitney about a year ago).

I like mine. Good place to hold your cell, stash your CD book, and mount a radar detector, put an external speaker for the cb. I even riced it out a bit with a neon light.

Back