• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

newbie lift question. how would you rank the kits? (sorry)

540ismiley

NAXJA Forum User
i have been looking through all the old post. It seems as if the Old Man Emu lift kits are the best. I only want about a 2 -3 inch lift. Is this the best kit I could get? If these kits were ranked by quality and ride how would you all rank them?
IF it was your money what kind of kit would you do with the 2-3 inches as the avaliable options.
Thanks
josh

What year is your XJ? there are quite a few considerations to look at based on a year.... ALso what are you plans for the XJ? where do you wanna go with it, what do you wanna do....

In general, AAL (long ones) are the way to go. Short AAL ruin the pack (I know.... I did it to myself). A longer shackle is next thing, but that will accelrate the sag. Blocks on stock pack are a major nono.... For one they will cause axle wrap. Also they will accelarate the wear of the pack even faster then the shackle....

Also you might want to run a search or browse a few weeks into the past as this is the topic that seems to have been covered in the last 3 or 4 weeks more then once...

Kejtar

Can you say "SLE"? Or perhaps "double cardon"?

Kejtar said:

A longer shackle is next thing, but that will accelrate the sag.
Kejtar

That's only if you have incorrect bumpstops and make the spring have negative arch, therwise shackles are fine.

T Bent said:
Can you say "SLE"? Or perhaps "double cardon"?

Tim... it's time to put that carpenters glue away LOL......
I think you meant SYE :) :)

With lifts and XJ's, it's hard to say.... with a BB (budget boost) you might be able ot get away without any problems or a t-case drop, but SYE is the way to go :D

Kejtar

C-MuRdaA said:
That's only if you have incorrect bumpstops and make the spring have negative arch, therwise shackles are fine.

Yes and no...... No because you don't want to sacrifice the up travel as it's very usefull on the trail :) Thus the AAL is more practical :)

Back