• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aluminum Valve Cover

jwtrapper

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up an Aluminum Valve cover off of ebay. Its the crown automotive one that they sell in the Quadratrac catalog. What are you using for an oil cap? The one that comes with it sucks. Also do you just go to the dealer for the ccv grommets that are needed for the other holes?

36648-md.jpg

I have that cover. You can get the grommets way cheaper from www.teamcherokee.com along with many other hard to find items I might add. Use an assembly lube or oil it good to get the grommets and elbows in. It is a VERY snug fit.

The cap sucks but works fine. It's only hard to open when cold. You have to pry it off. When warm, the plastic softens up and you can take it off with your hand. The first time you put it on, you may have to use a rubber mallet.

The bolts they provide are needed as the cover is thicker than the stock one. Make sure you recheck tightness often as they work their way loose. Especially that PITA rear one.

The 4 little studs on the cover can be cut off with a Dremel as they don't align corectly to the throttle cable guides anyway.

Last edited:
Back