• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moved Battery To The Back, Now I have A Check Engine Light

jwtrapper said:
What could be casing that? I have not been able to go to auto zone and get the codes read yet. Any Ideas? Noting seems to be wrong, it still runs good. Anyone else have this problem after moving the battery?

Don't let Richard Burrow's see me answer this, but you are either getting restriction in the cables (too small) or have a budding short. I'd check on the short where the cables meet the body or are near the exhaust.

This, from a man with his battery in the back.

did you notice a sensor under the battery? At least I have one on my 98....
I believe its a temp sensor, and feed info to the pcm, so Im sure its monitored. I would think as long as its hooked up, it shouldnt throw a code.

fordtech said:
did you notice a sensor under the battery? At least I have one on my 98....
I believe its a temp sensor, and feed info to the pcm, so Im sure its monitored. I would think as long as its hooked up, it shouldnt throw a code.

I agree... there is a battery temp sensor under the battery....If you cut the wires then is very likely it.

Back