• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

broken down

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was out wheeling and all of a sudden my jeep died. I had just gotten half a tank then went to my favorite local trail, went up the trail and came back down and it just stalled out while I was rolling down the trail. I tried starting it, the starter was cranking but nothing. The odometer reads "no bus" and the fuel guage and battery guages are showing nothing. Any ideas? I figured its a fuel delivery problem, I checked the lines all are ok...:dunno:

Last edited:
Crank Position Sensor?

methinks it sounds like a fried bcm, pcm, or wiring issue such as water intrusion or power supply problem. check the fuses. usually no bus means one of the modules is giving grief

wow those things can just blow up????

Try a JY for a replacement. Keep to the same year though. I found one in a JY for $100. Good Luck!!

And the winners are... 2kxj, Jnickel, and 942wd! It ended up being the cps, the shop it was at ended up sending it to the dealership and I should have it back today if there are no other problems. Thanks for all your help guys!

I was gonna say CPS too, but I once had the coil wire come off my XJ on a trail ride, no idea how. After a few minutes of scratching our heads it was spotted & fixed, no problems since.

Back