• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cage options??

Smittty9785

NAXJA Forum User
d&c extreme sells xj cages pre bent, just weld them in.

i was gonna do that but i cut the top off my cherokee so i dont want a full cage. i want it a slant in the back so i can mount my spare.

So buy their cage and make the changes you want - its still going to be better and cheaper than buying a car cage and trying to use the hoops. If you talk to them, you may be able to get them to make the bends for you before they send it out, and just leave some extra tube .. cut to fit. D&C is a major naxja supporter and has wonderful service.

x2
good call Cal

cal said:
So buy their cage and make the changes you want - its still going to be better and cheaper than buying a car cage and trying to use the hoops. If you talk to them, you may be able to get them to make the bends for you before they send it out, and just leave some extra tube .. cut to fit. D&C is a major naxja supporter and has wonderful service.

cal said:
D&C is a major naxja supporter and has wonderful service.

You are the only person I have EVER heard say they have wonderful service. 99% of the other people that I know that have ordered this cage all say they will never do business with them again or refer them to other people, due to their extremely poor service and the 3 - 4 month of having to call them everyday to get them to finally ship the cage out.

Blue XJ said:
You are the only person I have EVER heard say they have wonderful service. 99% of the other people that I know that have ordered this cage all say they will never do business with them again or refer them to other people, due to their extremely poor service and the 3 - 4 month of having to call them everyday to get them to finally ship the cage out.
Bingo. I would go with EOR. They actually give you tracking information and let you know realistic dates on shipment. It may cost a bit more, but it's worth it!

http://www.eoronline.com

Blue XJ said:

While I haven't purchased a cage from them, I've dealt with them on a few things and it has all been A+. I've seen two or three of their cages go in now, with no complaints at all.

Some people say Rusty's has great service too. Maybe we are all holding different standards.

kewlkatdady said:
The D and C cage allows for use of the rear seat. That is important to me.

So does the EOR 4 door cage. Their jeepspeed cage is substantially better in terms of safety, but the 4 door "cage" is a good start. ;)

cumorglas said:
yep s&w racecars does, bt they are near me not so much near you. shipping may be an issue.

http://www.swracecars.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?Search=Yes&sppp=20
it is interesting to note the chromoly is the same price as dom. and that both are twice the price of EWS.

S&W may be a good choice being that you already hacked the top off. their kit leaves a lot of extra material on most of the tube ends. (the B hoop was the only one i didn't have to cut anything off of).

You'll have to notch all the tube and fab frame tie ins for the under side of the floor plates, but it was a solid kit for the money (I got a smokin deal on one locally that the buyer decided not to use). The instructions pretty much suck, but if you have half a brain you can figure it out easily.

actually im thinking of going with the D&C extreme cage. ill get some pics up when i get it in and done....

Back