• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

REAR WIPER SWITCH??

XJsurf

NAXJA Forum User
My rear wiper has not worked since I've bought the vehicle. Starting to get around trying to fix it. So my question to everyone, does the switch have an indication of power or light on it??

I've went through two rear wiper motors. They don't like excessive cold or wet. I'd look to see if you're getting power back to the motor and go from there. Last motor I picked up was $50 from a yard. The previous one was $20 at a u-pull yard, but it only lasted a year.

I forgot to grab my fluke from work. Previous owner took fuse out to straight wire the ARB compressor. So I removed that placed a fuse to see if it would work and nothing happened. Does your switch have an indicating light on it fubar XJ??

XJsurf said:
My rear wiper has not worked since I've bought the vehicle. Starting to get around trying to fix it. So my question to everyone, does the switch have an indication of power or light on it??

No power light, sorry

if fuse hasn't blown, pull your tailgate trim and check at the relay for power with a test light at terminal 30 on relay plug (this is the power for the motor).
if it's there, have someone push the switch and see if you're getting power to terminal 85 on the plug (this is the power into the relay from the switch). ifit's there, verify continuity to ground from terminals 86 and 87a- if it's there, you've quite probably got a bad motor.

oops- forgot to include: verify power at terminal 87 (not 87a) with switch "on" and plug connected (output to motor)

good luck- and once it's working have fun driving around without the wiper arm installed spraying tailgaters with the washer! it looks like your Jeep is peeing if you spray it while sitting still (marking it's territory)

--Shorty:sure:

Shorty said:
if fuse hasn't blown, pull your tailgate trim and check at the relay for power with a test light at terminal 30 on relay plug (this is the power for the motor).
if it's there, have someone push the switch and see if you're getting power to terminal 85 on the plug (this is the power into the relay from the switch). ifit's there, verify continuity to ground from terminals 86 and 87a- if it's there, you've quite probably got a bad motor.

oops- forgot to include: verify power at terminal 87 (not 87a) with switch "on" and plug connected (output to motor)

good luck- and once it's working have fun driving around without the wiper arm installed spraying tailgaters with the washer! it looks like your Jeep is peeing if you spray it while sitting still (marking it's territory)

That is freakin awesome, man thank you. Duty tomorrow, so tuesday I'll get everything together to work on it.

Shorty said:

Yeah, my fiance won't let me fix her rear nozzle (again), cause she enjoys doing that too much. Ah, the simple pleasures...

Back