• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zj disc upgrade price, parts and time

sniper4x42002

NAXJA Forum User
what year of zj disc do i need to get to bolt right on to my 96 D35, and about how much will this cost. my drums are trashed and id reather upgrade than deal with rebuilding them if the price would be right. about how long will this take to do, this is my DD cant afford alot of down time.

Just grab your tool kit, head to the boneyard, find a ZJ with rear discs. Jack it up, remove the rear wheels, pop the pumpkin, pop the c clips, pull the calipers and remove them, pull the axles, unbolt the backing plates. I'd also grab some of the associated hardware like any clamps, hoses, cables. I'd for sure grab the calipers and use them as cores for a new set, I'd probably go with new top hat rotors too as well as new pads and shoes. Again jeepsareus has the rotors, shoes and pads for $129 which may not be that bad by the time you piece the parts together from from the store. I'd also go with new hardware like springs and retainers. It would also be a good idea if you take a few pictures of the disassembly for reference. Do a search on here, someone actually put the correct part numbers for all the pieces you need a few months ago. The jeep parts finder lists 95-98 for those disc/drum rears.
While I was hunting thru jeepsareus.com I came across new factory backing plates last week, $35 ea, new.

Back