• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country (Teraflex) Control Arms?

Eddie G.

<- My Grocery Getter :)
Anybody running the adjustable rough country (looks similar to Teraflex) short control arms? Any problems with the threads going bad or the arms wobbling around the threaded area?

Before I put these new UCA/LCA set on, I was wondering if I should put jam nuts on them so they won't twist or if they work fine the way they are after I fill them up with grease.

Thanx.

if i remember correct, the term for the rough country style control arms treads is "acme treads" (i think). anyways, they do not require/use a jam nut. just make sure you grease them regularly.

What'd you do, search out every Rough Country thread so you could post a reply?

:)

Eddie G. said:
Anybody running the adjustable rough country (looks similar to Teraflex) short control arms? Any problems with the threads going bad or the arms wobbling around the threaded area?

Before I put these new UCA/LCA set on, I was wondering if I should put jam nuts on them so they won't twist or if they work fine the way they are after I fill them up with grease.

Thanx.
Under no circumstances put jam nuts on. You'll defeat the purpose of their design.

I've been using them for 2 years now. On 3 1/2" lift and 5" with zero problems. Keep them greased and all is fine.

I've recommended these dozens of times and know that several now have them. I haven't heard of any complaints from them.

Rough Country is like Rustys, ya never know what's good and what isn't. This is one of their items that is good.

Hey rstarch345, do u wheel any mud/water? The reason I ask is that I do wheel in the muck and was just wondering if you haven't had any wear probs because you keep your control arms (w/acme threads) out of the muck OR do you clean/service/grease them every so often after "wheelin dirty"? I was considering Rusty's adj control arms but was curious about dirt/water washing out the grease and starting to wear the threads out.

anytime you go wheeling in mud/water, you should check over all of your "services/servicable parts". if my control arms go under water/mud, the first thing i do, is pressure wash everything, and then pump grease in the control arms until you see clean grease coming out of the treads.

Back