• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZR2 Springs on an XJ

spudmonkey

NAXJA Forum User
Has any one heard of using the springs from a ZR2? I seem to recall that a long time ago someone posted that they were able to use the springs from a ZR2, which gave them a large amount of lift am I remembering right? I have searched but only came up with s10 springs.

I don't think any leaf springs from another vehicle will just bolt right in. Most of the threads involve using one or more leafs from another leaf pack to build your own custom XJ leaf pack. Many people use S-10 springs or XJ springs for the donor. Any leaf spring that is as wide as the Cherokees is a possible donor. Use the ADVANCED SEARCH and type in budget boost or bastard pack as the search terms.

I know that ZR2s come factory taller then other S-10/blazers, so if the height is in the spring that should work for you when you use them to build a pack.

Try it and post up

if ur thinking of using the zr2 i was told by someone fromg GL4x4 it would net around 7" but like tim said i dont think the bolt up u use the whole leaf pack and cut to fit there is an entire build list its called $11 bastard leaf back.

From working at a GM dealership, it seems that the ZR2 uses the same leafs as a regular s10. The differance is that the front mount is longer on the ZR2. The leafs may still get you more lift, but when I was looking for s10 springs, everybody in the shop believes that they are the same.

i am gonna go out on a limb and say they should bolt up ... if s10 pickup springs bolt in (see timmays bastard pack thread for details), i dont see why the zr2 wouldnt be bolt in. Its just more arch and different shocks.

Post pics and do a write up:cheers:

i agree with j-nut. I work at a gm dealer as well and i was looking at some zr2 leafs and the way they get more height is a lower mount for the shackle in the front. The only other possibility is that they used a different spring rate to compensate for the extra pressure.

Back