• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Sagg fix?

CO_crawler

NAXJA Forum User
So I have been considering a bastard pack for around 3 inches of lift but my rear is sitting at 15.5 and 16 inches center of hub to edge of flares. Stock is supposedly 17 inches which would mean that I am at 1 to 1.5 inches lower than I should be. Used 98 classic was used for towing and the leaf packs look flat and seem to be sort of warped (more like the st. louis arch than a U) what do I do? I wanted OME but cant afford it right now. Do I need new stock leafs for a bastard pack? Or should I go for something like rusty's 3 inch with full packs? Thanks!

yeah I have read all through that thread like a million times but the problem is that my current leaf springs are sagging like a 6-4 on sunday. Has anyone tried bastard packs with their stock leafs sagging and gotten good results? Ride quality and sustained lift? looking for 3-3.5" Thanks again!

yes my buddy just did it and his springs sagged to the bump stops but he used 2 springs from the donor pack (i dont know what springs ) and i think 3? from the cherokee and went about 2" over stock and stock was fubar

so his was sagged as far as it could go? Jeez mine isnt that bad, atleast not yet. I have seen a few threads where people used the main XJ leaf and then added just the 2nd and 3rd S10 leafs to get around 3 inches. Do the s10 leafs with their added arch give the extra height or is it a combination of the xj and the s10s? Thanks

Back