• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Break 2007; MOAB

freerider15

NAXJA Forum User
Well it took me forever to finally get these up, seeing as how the actual trip was a few months ago. Got a crapload of pictures, but ill just post up a few of them (mainly Upper Helldorado). There are still many more good shots missing, but these will have to do for now :D It was mainly a CSU trip, as most of the people in our group were from CSU, not to mention Fort Collins owning Moab that week (ran into SEVERAL other groups from the Fort :D)
Tyler on the beggining of Hells Revenge:
picture151ms3.jpg

Me on Poision Spider:
picture229xk3.jpg

And now for Upper Helldorado:
picture252nv5.jpg

picture253ue6.jpg

picture257rp4.jpg

picture258ek0.jpg

picture262op6.jpg

picture268se1.jpg

And then my end of my Jeep's clean "era" ended starting here. Was waiting for my first good crunch. Was driving up, and my MTR's just lost all traction for some reason sending me sliding right into the wall, and alot of head scratchin extraction:lol:.
picture522mx1.jpg

picture523gg5.jpg

picture283sr0.jpg

picture566sl2.jpg

picture569os8.jpg

picture571ec8.jpg

picture573tf0.jpg

Got to play semi-hover jeep as a broke a shaft at the splines after the waterfall on upper helldorado just being stupid and not patient :rolleyes:
picture576mn4.jpg

The results of the flop; broken rear quarter window, mucho rock rash to the rain gutter, grnarled front corner on the front clip, and many more assorted dents, etc.)
img0449hb9.jpg

img0450du1.jpg

img0454hm6.jpg

img0453fa7.jpg

Either way the trip was a BLAST and I am stoked for the next trip. There were alot more pictures as I said, but I don't have many of them. Upper Helldorado as you can see from other's pics is a nasty trail but I LOVED IT. BFE rocks. Once the jeep is in its next stage, I plan on going to BFE and having MUCH more fun :D :firedevil:

i've seen alot of xj's get stuck the same way you did so don't feel bad.

That was brave - taking an XJ that clean up Helldorado. We did the trail in 03 and started at about 6:00 PM. It was dark about halfway through. We got a fullsized Dodge Ramcharger stuck in the same spot where you got hung up. It's changed a lot since then. We were there last fall and the opening obstacle has changed completely.

Good job.

Yeah I felt bad for having done that to it for about 5 minutes, then felt better about having done it since I finally got it out of the way. This thing was never destined to stay pretty, as it will be getting a 1 ton swap and 40's in the not to distant future. Area BFE is the type of stuff I like to wheel, so the body isn't going to stay very nice. Though I am kinda sad that I did it to a 97+, instead of a later model. My trail rig is going to be newer than the DD (going to pick up a late 80's to early 90's DD XJ). Yeah that spot I got caught in is reeeallly not a full body freindly place, as well as the waterfall, since the rock walls are so close together. The entrance to Upper is NUTS. Where we came in is easier, but it you hit it straight on (i've seen video of it done), you have to overcome about a 3-4' undercut that would swallow anything under a 40" tire.

Harvo said:

Not the word I'd use......sad to see you mangle a pretty straight rig. UH really isn't a full body rig trail. It is however, a trail that turns many a full body rig into a tubed, roofless rig.......one might call it the "square peg, round hole" lesson?

XJEEPER said:
Not the word I'd use......sad to see you mangle a pretty straight rig. UH really isn't a full body rig trail. It is however, a trail that turns many a full body rig into a tubed, roofless rig.......one might call it the "square peg, round hole" lesson?

I wouldn't say brave either, but I knew what I was in for when I came upon UH. I wasn't expecting to come out clean really. I just considered myself lucky each time i'de get through certain trails without any severe body damage. The body wasn't very straight going in (rock rash, everything except hood, roof, and hatch had dents, etc.). Yeah mine will be one of those lacking of body, but not tube rigs soon enough, and thats when the real fun wheeling will occur. A good buddy of mine owns a built 2000 something TJ (D60/14B, 44" TSL's, etc), and he wasn't lieing to me when he said "the moment you stop worry about the body and keeping it clean looking, thats when the wheeling gets even more fun." I guess thgat might not apply for everyone, but it damn well did in my case. :D Guess when you hang around and wheel with the people I do, body damage is inevitable.

XJEEPER said:
Bigger things have gone through. :)

P1010134.jpg

Back