• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Hatch Adjustment?

menos

NAXJA Forum User
The rear hatch on my '91 doesn't seem to want to close properly. It will close and latch but it won't be snugged down to the weather stripping. While latched, if you push against the rear hatch from outside you can make it move inward by about 1/4". This gets annoying driving down the road as it smacks around everytime I go over anykind of bump.

Is there any way to adjust the latching mechanism to cinch it down tighter?

Two torx bit bolts in the catch. Loosen them and move the catch in snug them up and try it. It may take a few times to get it right but thats how its done.

mcnamaag said:
Two torx bit bolts on the striker. Loosen them and move the catch in snug them up and try it. It may take a few times to get it right but thats how its done.
Fixed it for you!

I ended up having to rotate the striker assembly 180 degrees. There was a huge groove worn on the inboard side of the striker. Now its nice and tight...

Back