• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Half doors done and a little "pimp-age"

TXRIVERRAT

NAXJA Forum User
Got the half doors done a couple of weeks ago, pretty much just like everyone else's but here ya go.

004.jpg

and the inside:

002.jpg

and now for the "pimp-age", but first here is a pic of the headliner when I bought my rig back in October.

102620068.jpg

Here is what it looks like now!!! :wow:

HEADLINER2.jpg

What the pic doesn't really show is that this is the BRIGHTEST purple you have ever seen and the "fur" is about 1/2" long. I went in the store looking for factory headliner material and they were out so I went looking for something that caught my eye, this did it!!! The bad thing is that I spent 5 minutes trying to decide between this and some other that was the same "fur", but it was lime green with purple polka dots (kinda wish I woulda bought it in hindsight)! I guess I kinda like the shock factor and everyone asking why the hell did you do that (since I am a white Texas boy with a long "handlebar" moustache)?!?

haha thats awesome.....

Jeep914x4 said:
NIce half doors. I want to make some this summer. What did you do for the latch?

Currently I just have one of the rods that was attached to the interior door handle cut and routed vertical into the window track in the back of the door. I bent a 90 in it right above the filler sheet metal that I put in and you just push down on it to pop the door, I'll probably eventually do something a little better as it's a little hard for the wife and kids to open.

BTW: These are a spare set of doors and I did the quick release hinges and it works awesome. Can undo the quick releases on the speakers, the roll pin that holds the door open, and slip the door off in about 2 minutes.

Does your headliner glow in the dark?

To each his own, but honestly that would drive me absolutely crazy after about 10 minutes....lol

I used to have cheetah "Fur" on my GSXR 750. Did you just scrape the old liner off and then use some kind of spray adhesive to get the "Fur" up there?

It doesn't glow, but my wife wants to try a black light in there to see what it does.

All I did was peel the loose stuff as much as possible and put a liberal coat of 3m spray adhesive (can't remember the #) on both the material and the form, let tack, and smooth. The fur is real light weight so hopefully it will be up there a while.

That is sweet! you need to get a cane and a purple suit to match. Mind if I copy your idea?

Maybe your baby will like it. They say that babies like bright colors. You could use that as an excuse as to why that was picked: "Well you see, I let little Johnny/Jane pick it out." :woohoo:

mtnxj said:
Maybe your baby will like it. They say that babies like bright colors. You could use that as an excuse as to why that was picked: "Well you see, I let little Johnny/Jane pick it out." :woohoo:

He does, he's 4, all the kids like it. They want me to put the extra that I had up in their room somewhere.

99XJSPORT06 said:
To each his own, but honestly that would drive me absolutely crazy after about 10 minutes....lol
Why? I mean honestly how often do you spend looking at your headliner.

I didn't know mine had a huge cut in it till about two years after I bought the jeep.

DrMoab said:
Why? I mean honestly how often do you spend looking at your headliner.

I didn't know mine had a huge cut in it till about two years after I bought the jeep.

The first few times I was in it and would look toward the roof it would catch my eye, but I drove it all day yesterday and never noticed it once.

And POSJ...I would think shipping to Alaska would be pretty steep! Can't say I haven't considered selling them and building another set after seeing what some have sold for.:shocked:

Here it is a couple of months ago, I am now working on rear half doors and have done some more trimming.

55075.jpg

55073.jpg

I lucked out and cut them to the perfect height, they are extremely comfortable with your arm rested on them. Pics of back doors to come probably in a week or so.

Back