• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone driving up on Saturday

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
I will be driving up on Saturday and need directions, also wanted to see if anyone wants to caravan?

tcm glx said:
I will be driving up on Saturday and need directions, also wanted to see if anyone wants to caravan?

Here is the addy for the Discovery Center, You can map it out.

http://tinyurl.com/37e58n

Big Bear Discovery Center
40971 North Shore Dr. (Hwy 38)
P.O. Box 66
Fawnskin, California 92338
(909)866-3437

There are several ways to go up, 30/330, 18, & 38.

The 30/330 is the shortest, curviest, and busiest.

I like the 38 through Redlands. A little longer drive, but less curves and traffic and you get to drive the speed limit (or a little better :spin1: )

The 18 through the High Desert is probably not the best route for you coming from Ontario, but you would go up the 15 to Bear Valley Cut-Off (through Lucern Valley) and up the backside to Big Bear.

I hope this helps a little.

Tony directions are easy 10 to 215n
215n to 30e
330 mountain resorts exit up to fawnskin
continue around north side of lake till you hit discovery center if you get lost call me 951-840-5129

rpraterxj said:
Here is the addy for the Discovery Center, You can map it out.

http://tinyurl.com/37e58n

Big Bear Discovery Center
40971 North Shore Dr. (Hwy 38)
P.O. Box 66
Fawnskin, California 92338
(909)866-3437

There are several ways to go up, 30/330, 18, & 38.

The 30/330 is the shortest, curviest, and busiest.

I like the 38 through Redlands. A little longer drive, but less curves and traffic and you get to drive the speed limit (or a little better :spin1: )

The 18 through the High Desert is probably not the best route for you coming from Ontario, but you would go up the 15 to Bear Valley Cut-Off (through Lucern Valley) and up the backside to Big Bear.

I hope this helps a little.

you can take cleghorn to pilot rock up the back side to big bear if you have 5-6 hours too I wana do this as a night run soon

Tony...I'll be leaving here around 6, but driving slow with the trailer behind me.

If you don't mind the speed, you're more than welcome to follow me there.

JohnX said:
Tony...I'll be leaving here around 6, but driving slow with the trailer behind me.

If you don't mind the speed, you're more than welcome to follow me there.

That might work for me John......i will call you up!

dzraces said:
Tony directions are easy 10 to 215n
215n to 30e
330 mountain resorts exit up to fawnskin
continue around north side of lake till you hit discovery center if you get lost call me 951-840-5129

Thanks Dan.....

Hey John, is this the way you are going....cause I may leave around 7ish and catch up to you?

tcm glx said:
Thanks Dan.....

Hey John, is this the way you are going....cause I may leave around 7ish and catch up to you?
Close.

Minus the 215 north.

It is actually easier to go..
10 east
30 north
330 north.

If you mapquest from Upland(or Ontario) CA, to Fawnskin CA, it will give you a nice map. That is the route I follow.

Back