• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ for sale in VA

brokexj

NAXJA Member #1165
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer
This has a clean salvage title.
4.0/5 speed
D30 Open Front/8.8 Limited Slip Rear 3.73
Drivetrain
4.0L, PO said it was a Jasper reman motor, I cannot confirm this.
New Parts: Fuel Injectors, rewelded header, new Rear main seal/oil pan gasket/ exhaust/intake gasket. Smokes a little, probably needs valve seals. Fresh tune up with Champion plugs/Accel wires/ Cap rotor. Fuel tank is brand new along with filters (including in tank). Exhaust has been replaced with Borla SS muffler and cat is aftermarket replacement. K&N factory replacement air filter.
Open cooling system with radiator replacement, aux fan is 96 fan. Fan switch is functional.
5 Speed Maunal tranny, shifts fine, haven’t been able to change the fluid since the drain is chewed up.
231J Transfer case, fresh fluid, I can’t hear any chain slop, new output seal.
Dana 30 Front axle, new axles seals, unit bearings, axle shafts were replaced with new u joints, rotors/calipers/pads/caliper mounts replaced. Steering is tight, like new Steering stabilizer, diff guard, disco has been shimmed to replace vacuum. Fluid changed twice since rebuild, clean, no leaks.
8.8 Rear axle, drum, new brakes, 3.73 with factory Limited slip, it has 1” spacers on the rear to bring the wheel track back close to stock. New U joints in rear driveshaft.
TJ wheels with BFG MT’s (about 40% tread) with full size matching spare (spare is weather checked and not a KM)
Suspension
Front has 3” of lift, unknown on spring manf, two sets of stock isolaters up front, Pro Comp lowers, Pro Comp adjustable track bar, JKS quick disco’s, remounted brake lines, missing the bumpstop from the drivers side, have a spare to go with it.
Rear is stock 4wd leafs from an 86 MJ with 86K that were pulled apart and painted, add a leaf and 2 leafs from an XJ pack added to allow for a higher load rating (6 leaf with overload). 1” Daystar shackles. Bumpstops need mounted.
Recovery
Factory front tow hooks and Class III rear hitch.
Body
Replaced bed with rust free 86 bed, front fenders, floor pans, DS rocker, hood. Hood has Lebaron hood vents mounted, front fender has been trimmed and flare remounted. Bed has been herculined along with body from lower bodyline down. Paint is fresh just painted by a novice and it shows. Header has runs, body near PS door handle has crinkles. Metallic is not even and the clear coat has some build up, it looks good but is not perfect. Mirrors and door handles are from a 98 XJ.
Interior
Herculined floor, Sony CD player with Polk door speakers, manual windows and locks. Console isn’t mounted. It has a leak on the drivers side that appears in the pouring rain that I haven’t been able to fix. Bench seat has padding added and springs retensioned, headliner is hanging.
Extra Parts
Complete stock steering set up, front steering skid, factory gas tank skid, extra new TRE at pitman arm, black headliner material, spare taillights, Sony 6” speakers I was going to mount in the rear of the cab.

Overall I think this would be a good truck for someone, either as DD or a trail rig, but I’m done. This list is not inclusive of everything, just what I can remember. If you have any questions, ask. My XJ will work and I don’t have the time for two Jeeps. Located in Suffolk, VA (about 45 minutes west of Norfolk, VA). I’m asking $2500, make an offer if it’s something you want.

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/brokexj/

Please note changes...fixed most of the issues, also replaced the fuse block after the MC.
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer
This has a salvage title.
4.0/5 speed
D30 Open Front/8.8 Limited Slip Rear 3.73
Drivetrain
4.0L, PO said it was a Jasper reman motor, I cannot confirm this.
New Parts: Fuel Injectors, rewelded header, new Rear main seal/oil pan gasket/ exhaust/intake gasket/valve stem seals/valve cover gasket. Fresh tune up with Champion plugs/Accel wires/ Cap rotor. Fuel tank is brand new along with filters (including in tank). Exhaust has been replaced with Borla SS muffler and cat is aftermarket replacement. K&N factory replacement air filter.
Open cooling system with radiator replacement, aux fan is 96 fan. Fan switch is functional.
5 Speed AX15 Internal slave Maunal tranny, shifts fine, both drain and fill plugs have been replaced along with correct fluid (GL-3), clutch master cylinder replaced and has lifetime warranty.
231J Transfer case, fresh fluid, I can’t hear any chain slop, new output seal.
Dana 30 Front axle, new axles seals, unit bearings, axle shafts were replaced with new u joints, rotors/calipers/pads/caliper mounts/brake lines replaced. Steering is tight, like new Steering stabilizer, diff guard, disco has been shimmed to replace vacuum. Fluid changed twice since rebuild, clean, no leaks. New front Ujoint in front driveshaft/DC has fresh grease and centering ball operating in correct function.
8.8 Rear axle, drum, new brakes, 3.73 with factory Limited slip, it has 1” spacers on the rear to bring the wheel track back close to stock. New U joints in rear driveshaft.
TJ wheels with BFG MT’s (about 40% tread) with full size matching spare (spare is weather checked and not a KM)
Suspension
Front has 3” of lift, unknown on spring manf, two sets of stock isolaters up front, Pro Comp lowers, Pro Comp adjustable track bar, JKS quick disco’s, remounted brake lines, missing the bumpstop from the drivers side, have a spare to go with it.
Rear is stock 4wd leafs from an 86 MJ with 86K that were pulled apart and painted, add a leaf and 2 leafs from an XJ pack added to allow for a higher load rating (6 leaf with overload). 1” Daystar shackles. Bumpstops need mounted.
Recovery
Factory front tow hooks and Class III rear hitch.
Body
Replaced bed with rust free 86 bed, front fenders, floor pans, DS rocker, hood. Hood has Lebaron hood vents mounted, front fender has been trimmed and flare remounted. Bed has been herculined along with body from lower bodyline down. Paint is fresh just painted by a novice and it shows. Header has runs, body near PS door handle has crinkles. Metallic is not even and the clear coat has some build up, it looks good but is not perfect. Mirrors and door handles are from a 98 XJ.
Interior
Herculined floor, Sony CD player with Polk door speakers, manual windows and locks. Console is mounted. It has a leak on the drivers side that appears in the pouring rain that I haven’t been able to fix. Bench seat has padding added and springs retensioned, headliner is new and installed.

$2500.00 Josh @ (757)630-7190

Back