• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smallest CB

splitz

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know of a smaller CB, besides the Cobra 75, than the Radio Shack TRC-503?

Width: 3.9"
Hight: 1.4"
Length: 5.9"

My Cobra 19 III is small.

the midland cb that you see everywhere is pretty small 4-1/2' x 1-7/8' x 7-1/8' WHD
http://www.midlandradio.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4334
I used if for a while and it was ok, and its pretty small, get a handheld if you are trying to save space. I have the midland handheld one and its ok, you can get an adapter to hook it up to a regular antenna to actually get some range out of it. Look on amazon.com for alot of stuff.

91 Jeep Project said:
Maybe you missed it, so I'll put it out there again...

thanks your info was much more helpful

91 Jeep Project said:
I doubt you'll find one. Thats smaller than the smallest Cobra or Midland. Draw those dimensions out, thats pretty damn small for a CB.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I wont. I searched pretty intensively, so I'm pretty confident that this is the one, but I just want to make sure no one has seen one smaller.

ZachMan said:
My Cobra 19 III is small.

Yeah, but it is a bit too long (insert your own joke).

I think I can modify the center console to allow me to put the CB inside of it, and run the mic and have an external speaker or run the audio through the radio.

Well after much thought, I decided to go with the Cobra 75. It will install just as cleanly without having to do some custom work on the center console, and I can keep my "rear air."

Plus, it was only $20 more, and it gets the NOAA weather channels.

Back