• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Amplifier

canadian_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody know if the '91 Limited's came with a stock amplifier? If so, where would it be located?

I don't know if mine came with the Infinity stereo as it had an aftermarket head unit and speakers installed when I bought it.

Thanks

How much does the stock amplifier put out in a 2000 cherokee with the infinity stereo. Are the inputs just line level inputs or does it actually use some of the power from the deck. I have a nice aftermarket CD player and am woundering if it would be better just to wire the speakers to the deck.

NOt to sure on the wattage, but IIRC i've been told it's around 45/50 watts a channel. The inputs are line level, and can be fed by the speaker outputs of any aftermarket (or stock Chrysler) deck. I don't know about the Infinity speekers in the XJ. but I can tell you that the stock four speaker systems speakers suck, big time. The Inifinity speakers in my old Plymouth van sounded pretty decent, and I test drove a ZJ with the Inifinity system that sounded pretty good, but they where much bigger in size. My mom has a ZJ that does not have the Inifnity system in it, and hers is on the low end of ok.

Back