• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Its gonna be COLD!!

Skwerly

NAXJA Forum User
Friday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 59. Windy, with a west wind between 25 and 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 29. Windy, with a west wind between 25 and 30 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 54.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast

Its not actually Skwerly, but the girlfriend....of course a girl worried about it being cold. :shiver:

Skwerly said:
Its not actually Skwerly, but the girlfriend....of course a girl worried about it being cold. :shiver:

I'm sure Skwerly will offer a way to keep warm. :wave:

;)

Just dress in layers and get a good quailty sleeping bag and you'll be golden. Also it helps to have a tent heater handy but I would NEVER run it while sleeping, I just run mine for a few minutes to heat the tent up before I get in and a few minutes after I wake up before I get out of the bag.

Also it's best to sleep in as litlte clothing possible (provided you have a good bag) that way your clothes don't end up damp from body moisture (the bag is designed for this, your clothes aren't).

Sequoia

Skwerly said:

It's OK, Girly Skwerly...

There will be several camp fires and maybe some alcohol (if you are old enough and drink, if not, forget I said anything...)

Be sure to bring sweaters/jackets for the trails. The wind will probably be cold even during the day...

Bring an extra sleeping bag and blanket.....

dzraces said:
ehh has it ever been warm for this event?
Yes! Last year wasn't too bad. I believe the year before wasn't that bad either.

Weather wise it's a really odd year. They are getting snow up north again!

The year before last was cold. It snowed Saturday night and into Sunday morning.

We went up Thurs (just like we're doing this year) and Thursday night taught us a whole new meaning to "this is how we set up the sleeping bags". Friday and Saturday night we slept well. But you did NOT get out of the sleeping bag until AFTER the sun came up!

bburge

We're taking enough for the first night, then buying more in town the next.

We might not have a fire tonight, it looks like we're going to get a late start...

bburge

Back