• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: 97+ XJ with less than 100k miles

fatwreck

NAXJA Forum User
I've been looking around some.....mainly on CL, but I haven't found anything that is very clean. Let me know what you have.

I'd like it to be stock or close to it. No tires bigger than 31s.

im wanting to sell in the near future.... in a couple of months, but cant right now.
I got a stock 2000 XJ 5 speed, 2.5L 4-banger
with only 58,000 miles... beautiful condition...
ur probably wanting something a lil cheaper, but yea this thing has been babied so im wanting a lil more out of it...

Sorry, I guess I should put more constraints on it. I'm only looking for a 6cyl and automatic. I didn't even know they made 4cyl XJs that late. :eek:

58,000 miles is really nice though. Good luck with your sale.

Go down 9 posts and look at the 2000. Maybe a little more miles than you are looking for but it runs really good. Only getting rid of it because I wanted to build a yellow one.
Within last year: new radiator
new driverside window regulator
new air conditioner evaperator under dash
rear brakes
Within last two years: New unit bearings in front,new roters & ceramic pads

Not really looking to sell, but hey, everything is for sale. I have a 98 classic, 4.0L, auto, power windows, locks, mirrors, cruise. Green with a tan interior. 82k miles, runs great, transmission cooler, tow hooks, glasspack. Lightly wheeled a couple of times. Runs great, never has let me down. I'm looking for no less than $5,000.

camarors8992 said:
Not really looking to sell, but hey, everything is for sale. I have a 98 classic, 4.0L, auto, power windows, locks, mirrors, cruise. Green with a tan interior. 82k miles, runs great, transmission cooler, tow hooks, glasspack. Lightly wheeled a couple of times. Runs great, never has let me down. I'm looking for no less than $5,000.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. The location just doesn't work. :(

fatwreck said:
The location just doesn't work. :(
New York no kidding..
maybe PM him why is he in the midwest section if hes in NY? maybe he moved here and his location is wrong..
Keep looking for your xj it will turn up.
i looked at 6 before i bought mine
00 limited 86,000 tow pack new tires new brakes 6800.
but i had to have money ready to go to his bank and pay it off.
check craigslist
cars.com
autotrader.com
and ebay you never know might be one close by.. Good luck
also do advanced searches you can do it by mileage to your home and by mileage of the XJ..

i was board what about this one private seller..
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=223249388&dealer_id=60262347&car_year=1999&model=CHER&num_records=25&make2=&start_year=1999&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=both&distance=75&make=JEEP&color=&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceASC&max_mileage=100000&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=60481&advanced=y&end_year=1999&doors=&transmission=&max_price=7000&cardist=49

i only searched for 99's on autotrader since they have the HP 30's

Last edited:
I'll send him a PM just in case, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Thanks for the suggestions on the searches. I bought a car last year sight unseen and I'll a little hesitant to do that again. It turned out ok, but it would have turned out a lot better had I been able to see it in person.

I'm all over CL and autotrader.....but I'm getting tired of sifting through all the lame stealerships. I'd rather find someone on here that has some pride in their vehicle. Ya know?

Edit: That's a good one. I may have to go look at it next week. Thanks.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=216429547&dealer_id=55781987&car_year=2001&model=CHER&num_records=25&make2=&start_year=1999&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&only_price=1&search_type=both&distance=75&color3=SILVER&color2=GRAY&make=JEEP&color=BLACK&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceASC&max_mileage=100000&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=60481&advanced=y&only_photo=1&end_year=2001&doors=&transmission=&max_price=7500&cardist=75talk to this dealer.
this one has been on autotader since i started looking..( about 2 months ago about) maybe they want to deal???
its got black wheels :D
ya i know i like buying from private owners too they arent so likely to screw you over and it didnt just come from the auction block.
i almost bought one at a dealer till the CEL came on mech found vac. line off. while idling there the Check gauges light came on.. i looked it was oil pressure was like 0 on the gauge. checked under the truck new oilpan.. ut ohh.. i walked away.

That kind of information is good to have.

I really don't want to drive to gurnee though. That's probably 2-2.5 hours from me.

I can't believe someone put swampers on that thing. :eeks1: Does anyone else think that the smilies on this forum are terrible?

HOLY SH**
the truck that had 0 oil pressure when i looked at it is still for sale..
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=218969353&dealer_id=603702&car_year=2000&search_type=both&num_records=25&keywordsfyc=&make=JEEP&transmission=&model=CHER&distance=75&make2=&address=60481&only_price=1&default_sort=priceASC&advanced=y&certified=&max_mileage=100000&max_price=7500&sort_type=priceASC&min_price=&only_photo=1&body_code=0&end_year=2001&keywordsrep=&color=BLACK&start_year=1999&color3=SILVER&drive=&color2=GRAY&engine=&fuel=&doors=&style_flag=1&cardist=35

didnt know the truck had swampers when i saw the ad 1-2 months ago they only had 1 pic and it was a bad pic. i think there was snow in the background too
the smilies im just used to typing : and D instead of clicking the smilies
we can always use better smilies though

Last edited:
Back