• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swapping a 2000 4.0 into a 1993 XJ?

Benz0

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 rolled XJ sitting in my shop that I wouldn't mind swapping over the drivetrain to my 1996 2WD and make it a 4WD XJ...

It has the 4.0/auto/231

What am I getting myself into or should I just swap over a similar year range 4.0 drivetrain?

Benz0 said:
I have a 2000 rolled XJ sitting in my shop that I wouldn't mind swapping over the drivetrain to my 1996 2WD and make it a 4WD XJ...

It has the 4.0/auto/231

What am I getting myself into or should I just swap over a similar year range 4.0 drivetrain?

i would think you could take everything but the motor without much trouble, but the wiring and computer for the engine are going to be a little different. :dunno: maybe someone with more experience with newer models will chime in here, ive never worked on one newer than my 95.

GrimmJeeper said:
i would think you could take everything but the motor without much trouble, but the wiring and computer for the engine are going to be a little different. :dunno: maybe someone with more experience with newer models will chime in here, ive never worked on one newer than my 95.

The engine is really what I need as my 93 is starting to REALLY show it's age :/ and it only has like 120K miles on it

Last edited:
Back