• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch question

Thats the most advanced fabrication and engineering topic i have seen yet.:confused1

You might want to try a different sub section for this one...

Searching is also a good thing...
lots of topics out there on wiches. Pretty much winchs are like car brands. every one loves what they have or hates what they have had bad luck with.

my buddy has one and its alright. its a winch, it pulls him out. i personally like the warn winches because they have a much faster line recovery speed and are built better overall. but, the mile marker is great for the moneys

I have a warn M8000. I've heard it stated on here that when you are stuck, you are not going anywhere fast anyway. Be sure to get a snatch block also and use it when you are stuck bad. I’ve heard of people burning up good winches by stalling them out.

from my research.
mile marker cheapo=superwinch=harbor freight= all the same chinese company producing them.
take that for what it's worth.

I have a warn 9000 and a mile marker 9500 and I honestly like the mile marker 9500 better. neither has ever let me down but the mile marker is faster came with a stronger cable and the remote while cheap in desighn is fool proof. not to mention it was only $450

thederrick106 said:
Thats the most advanced fabrication and engineering topic i have seen yet.:confused1

lots of topics out there on wiches. Pretty much winchs are like car brands. every one loves what they have or hates what they have had bad luck with.

WELL EXCUSE THE HELL OUT OF ME FROUM EXPERT! :sure:

I would get it.
Have you ever heard of the warn magnum 9000k winch...also know as a tabor?Paid $520.00 for mine shipped(100ft cable w/hook and roller fairlead included).I've had one for a year and a half and its never let me down.Almost stalled it once pulling a guys fsc out that was burried to the axles but it pulled him out.Used it last week to pull myself out of a muddy field,50ft stopping for a few seconds here and there to let it cool a little.

For the above reason I'll be selling it to get a hydraulic 10,500lb mile marker....electric sucks!!

87manche said:
from my research.
mile marker cheapo=superwinch=harbor freight= all the same chinese company producing them.
take that for what it's worth.
Super winch is not cheap china crap like the others and they have a good deal on a 9000 lbs that have have fast line speed. If you take one apart you can see that the superwinch parts are beefier than Ramsey or Warn. National tire runs the ramsey REP8000 for like 429. It's a great winch for the money compaired to the cheap China winches. I was in Tulsa 6 months ago and stoped in the Ramsey factory to check out winches. They won't sell to the public no matter what you try but you can check out their stuff in the reception area with a rep that can ansewer questions. The new REP8000 is built great like their other stuff but they run the price way down to compete with the China stuff making it a great bang for the buck.

I agree with outlander. I have a tabor 9000, made by warn, and I found it on some site for 495, free shipping. So far so good, it works great, and is technically made by warn.

Stumpalump said:
Super winch is not cheap china crap like the others and they have a good deal on a 9000 lbs that have have fast line speed.
X2. Superwinch is not the same as M.M. or H.F.; they have good products. H.F. and M.M. winches are the same, though, and you'll usually save ~$100 with the H.F. ones.

Ok made up my mind & bought a MileMarker SE12000C, $40 buxs more than the 9500.

It just arrived on my door step about an hour ago! Picked it up on ebay for $499.00 to my door. Man is this thing heavy as hell, almost busted my nut picking it up..

Thanks for the input everyone.

I've always had good luck with T-max winches.

thederrick106 said:

Back off.

It may be the wrong forum....BUT he is a member and pays to be here....you are a guest in his house.

Rev

I gambled and bought a T-Max EW9000 this last time around, and am *beyond* impressed with it. It was about $180 cheaper than a warn 8000, it seems to pull faster, longer, and use less power. In feb I was at a run that required a *lot* of pulling. We had 2 warn's fail while the t-max just kept on tugging.

Whatever you do, be sure to secure it somehow. Winch theft is rampant these days, at least around here. I welded the head of one bolt - not entirely fool proof, but if you start hitting my jeep with an angle grinder in the night, i'm pretty sure to notice it.

Back