• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stumped about my 242

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
well i am lifting to 5.5 or possibly 6.5 inches and i have been searching for a while on my np 242 on a 91 limited cherokee but am confused. i have always had 231's and understood how they work but not doin so hot with this case. first of all, i dont want to swap it because i like having full time 4wd in this pnw rain snow constant mix. Basically to sum it up what do i have to do for driveline mods for mostly street and snow, and for heavy whellin what will i need. i see there is tom woods and re hack n tap for front, but i thought this was a rear driveshaft issue with vibs.....just someone please explain how this works so i can say "wow im in idiot." :dunno:

The Tom Woods and RE hack and Tap are for the rear and not the front at all. You might also want to check out my site to see how I put together mine. www.go.jeep-xj.info

SYE13.jpg

SYE14.jpg

Props to GoJeep! Big fan here.
Tom Woods & RE Hack-n-Tap goes to the rear.

What is done to the front? Are there issues when you go big?
How's that seal holding up? Are you having any leak issues yet? Is there that big of a difference between flange and yoke?

Don't mean to hijack just curious newbery

i better get no jitters or this project could be a disaster! can i get away with just shimming and my tcase drop already on there. im at 3.5 4 inches with no vibes at all right now.

PORC hack and tap for rear (same as RE, but alot cheaper) + auto trans front driveshaft = job done. The hack and tap is for the rear, not the front.

We just did this with mojojojo's 242

Ben1975 said:
Props to GoJeep! Big fan here.
Tom Woods & RE Hack-n-Tap goes to the rear.

What is done to the front? Are there issues when you go big?
How's that seal holding up? Are you having any leak issues yet? Is there that big of a difference between flange and yoke?

Don't mean to hijack just curious newbery

Been over a year with that conversion in and no leaks at all to speak of.

Back