• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric Locks Not Working and more!

xjrrrdx

NAXJA Forum User
A few weeks ago my jeep got broken into, they got in through my back hatch since it doesnt lock.

Anyway, I almost caught them so instead of unplugging the little connector they just sliced it off and ran with it. Anyway it may be a complete coincidence but I doubt it. The next day I went to lock my doors and the electric locks do not work from any door, my dome light does not turn on, the map light does not turn on, and the hatch dome light does not come on.

Is the radio connector connected to the lights and locks and everything??

I havent gotten a chance to install the new connector. But does anyone know if the wiring for the locks and lights is in the radio connector?

Is the battery dead?

If I remember correctly the switches in a power door control thingy (technical term, write it down) light up when you turn your headlights on. Stereo does the same thing. So if there is an interior light circuit, it would stand to reason they are both on it. And if it crossed/grounded when they cut it...

A longwinded way of saying check all your fuses.

i have a 90 and if one of the switches goes bad or is not plugged in, they will not work. I broke my P D L switch and just unplugged it and none of my locks worked. so i figured, the P W swtch is the same and i switched the two. then my P W stopped working.

Thanks guys. I was just a little stumped that my power windows work, all 4 from any door, but the locks and lights dont. I will check my fuses on my day off. Thanks again.

Back