• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tweeter Location

dlarrivee

NAXJA Forum User
I believe I came across a picture of a Cherokee's interior door panel that had a factory tweeter installed in the triangular corner of the window/door.

Is this a factory Infinity audio system tweeter?

My XJ doesn't have the Infinity system, but I am putting component speakers with tweeters in, so I wouldn't mind getting some of those panels to mount them in.

Insight?

Hi,

The triangular corner cover is not the stock tweeter location. on the renix there are two slotted areas on the knee board under the dash. If you don't have the stock tweeters there, good news, the wireing is there and all you need is to go to the local pick and steal and pull two and install. Viola! you have factory tweeters.

Hope this helps,

Pigpen

I'm putting high-end speakers and tweeters in my Jeep. All the wiring will be brand new from the amp I'm installing.

If that sail panel w/ tweeter isn't stock anyone know where to get them?

Good luck, i've been searching for a LOOOOOONG time. I've wondered if grand cherokee tweeters will fit, they look very similar.

dlarrivee said:
If I have to I will just modify my stock ones. But they must go inside the door or they will hit the dash.

Search the junkyards, or the for sale threads for a wrecked limited.

I am doorless now and took out my tweeters and replaced them with my door speakers. There were some clearance issues but nothing a drimmel couldn't handle. And the plastic louvres (does it count as a louvre in plastic) hide the speaker great but also don't hinder the sound. So clearance shouldn't be an issue for a little tweeter.
Greg

MauriceGOL said:
I am doorless now and took out my tweeters and replaced them with my door speakers. There were some clearance issues but nothing a drimmel couldn't handle. And the plastic louvres (does it count as a louvre in plastic) hide the speaker great but also don't hinder the sound. So clearance shouldn't be an issue for a little tweeter.
Greg

Sorry... What?!

I took the polk/momo's i had put in the door, and put them in the dash where the tweeter was, one on each side. I used screws and stuff that were already there, and used the courtesy light bracket things the secure some mdf that I screwed the speaker to. works great
Greg

And I understand the look/function of putting them on the sail panel, but I am just saying there is plenty of space under the dash.
You could also check other cars sail panel tweeter systems and see if they would fit. A friend of mine had a mustang cobra with a tweer in his sail panel.
Greg

then i apologize for the input i guess. sorry for trying to help. good luck bud

sail panel
IM000867.jpg
[/IMG]

in the upper portion of the door panel
IM000885.jpg
[/IMG]

same door just differnet locations. in the sail panel i had focal tn52's. they sounded great but the metal tweeters were to harsh for my ears. in the door panel i have cdt drt25 silk domes. nice and smooth my ears love them. they are larger which is the main reason i moved them to the door. as far as the imaging goes it was slightly better in the sail panel, but now there is less seperation in the sound since the mid and tweeter are closer together. over all i prefer them they way they are now in the door panel. just my .02

Back