• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new engine wont start

rehab

NAXJA Forum User
i put everything back like it should be (ive done quite a few engine swaps) and now i cant figure out why its not starting.

specs.
4.2 block
95 head
96 intake and ehaust with 96 computer, sensors and fly wheel

it will just crank and crank ive done a crank sensor and checked and rechecked and rechecked the rechecked sensors so im possitive that everything is good. distributer is indexed right.

i put new plugs and injectors and it would start but it wouldnt run. thats when i relized the fly wheel on the motor was out of my 88 xj so i swaped that with the 96 and now it wont start. could it be the plugs? possibly fouled out? im not sure on what plugs to use since it is a 4.2 block and 4.0 HO head.

i ran out of patience with it today so i will look at it tomorrow.

The only thing I can recommend is to double check the dist index.I dropped a new motor in mine and double checked dist index and was positive it was right,as it turns out I was wrong.

Does it have spark?
Did you hook up the two ground wires that bolt to the side of the block along with the ground wire for the battery?
Mine did exactly what your explaining and after I put my engine back in. Turned over,had fuel, but wouldnt start. All it was, was the two ground wires werent hooked up to the block.

Back