• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackles

waserwolf

NAXJA Forum User
have a 00 XJ, lookin to lift it 2", is this possible with shackles and coil spacers? If so what name brand should I use? Any other comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Save your money and go to the junk yard, find a s-10 with a full leaf pack, then search this site for the awesome write on the "s-10 leaf pack build up" and get it done that way instead. the shackels will eventually invert your leafs, make sure you use leaf liners. go on ebay and find the coil spacers for abour $30. the lift should not be no more than 100$

X2, stock leafs tend to flatten out or frown with extended shackles...then again, the S-10 thing is just a quick fix too...if you want a really nice 2" lift, go with Old Man Emu....but it will cost you a bit of $$$

JNickel101 said:
X2, stock leafs tend to flatten out or frown with extended shackles...then again, the S-10 thing is just a quick fix too...if you want a really nice 2" lift, go with Old Man Emu....but it will cost you a bit of $$$

The s-10 leaf pack is NOT a quick fix.
Rebuilding an entire leaf pack with out any AAL's or shackles is the BEST way to build your proper leaf pack. Not only is it cheap but it will flex and ride better than any aftermarket leaf pack.
the s-10 leaf pack will last you longer than one of those aftermarket packs.

Assuming that your rear leafs aren't already shot, a shackle should work fine, as will a spacer. Check ebay for Daystar.

People who think just adding a shackle is going to kill your leafs probably need to run more leafs. ;)

OMG,we would be talking about a 7" shackle!

does it matter what year S-10? my buddy has a 2wd 1897 rotting away in the woods behind his house, but i've never looked at the leaf pack on it, would it work?

The 4.5" RE XJ kit comes with the same leafs and a 1.25" extended shackle (.75" taller).

It comes with a 1" taller coil in the front.

it also comes with an adjustable trackbar (needed)
front extended brake lines (needed)
upper control arms (longer) (needed)
a transfer case drop kit (may be needed)
sway bar disconnects (need extensions at least).

Back