• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory Swing away

Which one do you have? The one that mounts to the body and bumper or the one that mounts on the bumper only?

Any idea where I could find one to put on my 95 XJ? I talked to a local guy, and he will make one that will hold up to about a 35" tire for around $400, including the skirt to make it flush with the back. I don't plan on going bigger than 33" myself anyway. He uses 2x4 steel for the bumper, and steel tube for his hoop. The swing-away is totally on the bumper, and no connection to the jeep body.

IH8RDS said:

looks awesome-- I know you didn't find it at the pick-n-pull in VA Beach- I've been there every darn week for months lookin fot one!!!!! fess-up, where'd you find it? any more there??
F-16 crew chief, huh? Small world- my father headded up post production support in the 80's at Westinghouse Defense for the F-16 radars and guidance systems!
--Shorty
P.S. you'd better come clean on where to find one- Langley AFB isn't that far
away and I've got a vendor pass for the bases!!! (jk):skull2:

Well I got it at the pick and pull... in VA Beach :clap: Matter of fact, there was TWO of them there when I got mine. :looney: They are long gone though. I picked this one up about 4 months ago. I should have picked up them both. It was on there till it got crushed. I have seen another one out there too since then, but I was to busy to pick it up. I'll let you know if I see another one out there. It was $28 on half price day.

P.S. Ask you dad if he is a pointyhead :shhh:

I guess I'll have to get out there more often and look a little harder, huh?

I'll be sure to ask him next time we talk (retired outside Luke AFB in Arizona)
great life he's got-- golf all day and softball every night! If a pointeyhead is short for 'lucky son of a bitch' I'm sure he is one!!!:spin1:
--Shorty

How hard was it to get it in the right spot on the quarter panel?

Back