• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB install this will work right?

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
That disco will work just fine.

Buy the longer coax cable, you always seem to need more than what looks good at first. Any extra can just be stuffed somplace out of the way.

Tim_MN said:
That disco will work just fine.

Buy the longer coax cable, you always seem to need more than what looks good at first. Any extra can just be stuffed somplace out of the way.

Yea pyou're right just measure with some yarn and it was 21 feet, lol. I can go another route which is still 17'+ so I need the 18 footer.

I have that same cb and love it for the price...the only thing I wish I had was weather band.Oh well what more can you ask out of a $30.00 radio?

I cut the modulation block in mine and it is louder and gets out better,if that makes any sense.Pm me if you want to know how.

Might not save you any $$$ but might save you some time. Try Radio Crack.

Just be advised, the longer and less insulated and lower copper core cable gauge you get the more the signal loss will be over that length of coax. Its pretty easy to do your own PL-259 connectors, West Marine even sells one that you just clamp onto the end of a cut cable with pliers and it work well, used it on our boat a while back. I'm not a fan of stuffing cable, but thats just me...I'd want every last bit of my 5 watts if thats all I was allowed to run.

RaccoonJoe said:
Will that CB work with an external speaker?? Or is the internal speaker loud enough to hear when high-way/trail riding??

It has a jack in the back for an external speaker and a pa speaker aswell.The internal speaker is loud enough to be heard on the free way at 65mph,windows down and super swampers growling.

Yeah guys alreayd got it all setup :D

I got Firstick cable and the quick-disco connector.

Back