• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rancho Sale!

thenav

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone! this is one kick-ass site first of all; ive gotten alot of help off here, and hopefully i can give my experience on here as well!

now, down to buisness. I dont really know much about shocks, and apparently I only have until tomorrow (April 30) to figure this out! Im looking to do a lift on my 88 XJ. Ive got 31's, and I have a quote from a spring shop close to my house to do a 3" lift on it for around 345 bucks installed. Now adding on shocks, $550 isnt sounding that bad to me for a lift. I thought about going the whole "kit" route, but thats about another grand by the time i get it installed give or take. (worth more than my freakin truck!) so I was wondering if anyone can help me figure out what model shocks I need for my XJ to have enough flex from a 3-6" lift. I printed out Ranchos PDF of shock lengths compressed, extended, and full travel, but it doesnt help me out much because Im not sure how to figure out what is too big or too small. I see ones with 14" of travel and I think to myself "hell ya!" but it says that from a 0-3" lift they recomment something with 7-9" travel. ( the link of all the models.. soo many to choose from http://www.gorancho.com/flash/docs/2005_specifications.pdf) I just dont want to buy shocks that aren't going to allow me the articulation I want. So can I get some help here guys? Thanks alot:clap:

Nav

Last edited:
Look at the shocks for a TJ with the same amount of lift, front and rears work.....I do not remember the exact numbers, but those will work.

I had a set of rs5000's on my old toy and when I got them, I was told they would work for 0-3". So what is called for with stock should work.

Back