• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

attatching a reciever hitch

adamtn

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a Uhaul hitch at the junkyard today for $11. it was on a cherokee but was not bolted on. I looked it over and it seems to be in good shape. How should i attatch it to the unibody, what size bolts?

I used carriage bolts slide through the frame on mine. It would have been a hell of a lot easier to get the nutcerts from the dealer though. Just get those and find some bolts that will fit it.

I got mine from a junkyard, and bought the mounting bolts from U-Haul. They also gave me a fishing tool to slide the bolts into the channel in the body and into the proper holes. Go see them for the bolts, and they will tell/show you how to do it.

adamtn said:
I picked up a Uhaul hitch at the junkyard today for $11. it was on a cherokee but was not bolted on. I looked it over and it seems to be in good shape. How should i attatch it to the unibody, what size bolts?

Yes I work for uhaul as a hitch pro, we will sell you the correct bolt/ instructions which will come with the fish-tool you will need to get the job done.

nut strips own carriage bolts (thats the setup napa sells)

BTW if you have a gas tank skid plate USE spacers to lower the front mounts on the skid, I didn't read my hitch instructions and fawked around for 2hrs with binding bolts, put the 1/4" or so spacer in and it was problem free.

Back