• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Radio Location

MauriceGOL

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
After 3 stolen radios and too much broken glass I decided that it might be time to move my radio so that potential theives can't find it. And since I often forget to take off my face plate I thought it might need to be hidden well. So I crawled around inside to find a place with enough space and here it is. Just below the original location where the candy dish is beneath the ash tray. Now when I leave my car I just replace the little dish and have no worries.
2736393620101066687wzBEZD_ph.jpg

2139543030101066687bhlJoR_ph.jpg

2925961710101066687kTMwka_ph.jpg

Last edited:
yeah, I am beginning to think that something is working against me. the pics work for me for about 2 minutes, then I don't see them again. sorry. They are on webshots if you just type in mauriceGOL in hte search.

Looks like a good idea! Don't ya hate walking out to your jeep and it has no glass, then the thoughts of "what did i have in there" start running through your mind....Bastard theifs!

nice! i didnt think there was that much room down there. hows the heat? i know my cd player got hot as hell when i had it moved all the way up in the factory area, with the ac controls moved all the way up underneath it. they are designed to have airspace around em.(i have a 7" screen mounted at an angle under it and scrapped the ac vent.)

looks nice tho man, good job! im working on making a roll down door out of aluminum - like a garage door kinda - that opens and closes when the ignition goes on and off. im just having trouble making the tracks, they keep ending up too easy to just yank out lol.

here are his pics if you cant see em on his post i re hosted em
cdhide1.jpg
cdhide2.jpg

No kidding about seeing broken glass. I guess my community must just have nice thieves because they always leave my gps and loose change. I took an old frame thing that you use to mount the radio to the car (you know the sleeve thing the radio fits in that the thieves always leave) and used that as a guide and made a little glove box. I thought about putting in a switch panel or something but since my clock doesn;t work I am just going to wait and put them there when I get a chance.

i have been pretty fortunate with mine thus far. you cant see it thru my tinted windows either. if some scum bag thief tries to get it i have an alarm and i also made a 3 piece bracket for it. 1 bracket for each side then a 3rd that ties the two together and bolts thru the fire wall. if they want it bad enough they are gonna have to do a lot of work or just f*ck up my interior.

IM000854.jpg
[/IMG]

roxj said:
if they want it bad enough they are gonna have to do a lot of work or just f*ck up my interior.
they will do just that, they don't care how nice they pull the thing out, just as long as they get it. in and out quick.

thats the whole point.......... they arent getting this thing out unless it is in pieces. then my insurance can pay for a new one and the damages. thats why i pay an extra 65 bucks a year to protect the audio gear for full replacement with a 100 dollar deductible. and heres a better pic

IM000884-1.jpg
[/IMG]

brent said:
they will do just that, they don't care how nice they pull the thing out, just as long as they get it. in and out quick.
jeeptheft003.jpg

jeeptheft002.jpg

granted my dash was heavily modified, but yea, they destroy everything trying to get it out.

Wouldn't it be great to have something similar to an electric fence hooked up around yout stereo?When the bastards grab the radio they'll get a nice surprise!! :passgas:

...then you would just have to clean the piss out of your front seat:laugh:

MauriceGOL said:
No kidding about seeing broken glass. I guess my community must just have nice thieves because they always leave my gps and loose change. I took an old frame thing that you use to mount the radio to the car (you know the sleeve thing the radio fits in that the thieves always leave) and used that as a guide and made a little glove box. I thought about putting in a switch panel or something but since my clock doesn;t work I am just going to wait and put them there when I get a chance.

Its not your community per se its just those escapees from the Zoo there are not schooled in how to use a GPS etc...

outlander said:
Wouldn't it be great to have something similar to an electric fence hooked up around yout stereo?When the bastards grab the radio they'll get a nice surprise!! :passgas:

...then you would just have to clean the piss out of your front seat:laugh:

hmmmmm surprisingly easy to do actually, there are e-fence units that run off of 110v and power inverters are easy enough to come by these days..... hmmmmmm

(wraps seats in plastic)

lol

Back