• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiring help/advice needed

2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I wired up some fog/driving lights in my rear bumper and have them wired directly for now requiring me to flip the switch on when needed. Is there a way I can wire them so they will come on automatically when in reverse but I can also overide and switch them on at will? I have no clue how to do this....any help would be appreciated. I have searched and am still researching.....here is a pic of my setup:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s157/2001XJ/rearlights.jpg

TIA

try the 4x4wire.com electrical section on fog lights, they may help you to wire it up to the relay using an on-on-off switch, which would make on-auto(on when in reverse)-off.

cool thanks....I think I remember something about a 3 position rocker switch and relay required for this type pf setup but can't find the info or remember.

2001XJ said:
cool thanks....I think I remember something about a 3 position rocker switch and relay required for this type pf setup but can't find the info or remember.
If what you're wanting is the lights to come on in reverse, and be able to turn them on at any time, or not have them come on at all then wire it up like this.

DSCF1676.jpg

Back