• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vibs

mgt

NAXJA Member #653
Before i start i did search.
Had to put a new yoke on the rear driveshaft (had no vibs before) had a quality shop to the work. Put the shaft back on and now i get vibs about 45mph, took it back to the shop checked everything out ( lenght, angles, rebalanced it as i watched) still getting vibs at 45mph. I did not drive while the shaft was out ?

99 xj, 33's, sye, 6"lift, auto, d30, 8.25.

Stock rims?

Check those puppies out and see if theres any dried out mud hiding in any of the crevices. It will throw off the balance of your rims like you wouldnt believe.

That has made my hands numb from the vibration many a time on the highway.

I had to put a new yke on because the bearing on it was shot and the part where the bearing sits on the shaft was wore out. The tires might be out of bal, but i didn't have the vibs before, i have not been in the mud just silt and sand.
n
Not stock rims, steelies 15x8 4" bs.

2920856730047354999S425x425Q85.jpg

Had the same problem with the RockKrawler 15x8 3.75" BS steelies. Went to a forged 15x8 with 3.25" BS and the problem disappeared. No matter how true your tires are, those steelies will never be perfect. ;)

Back