• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hatchless?

David95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I currently run with no doors on my 2-Door XJ

I was contemplating removing the rear hatch, besides the obvious exhaust fumes, unibody arguments.

has anyone done this? what is the air flow like?

I've had no issues(I have a 2 door as well) but I have a roll cage and a lot of frame reinforcement.
No issues with exhaust fumes whatsoever.
standard.jpg

The looks nice?

So it doesnt make that weird baffling wind sound? the kind that hurts your ear drums, not just the noise.

Can you post more pics!?

I've found that in pickups with a rear sliding window and in my 4-Runner with the back window down it actually cuts down on wind noise. It will blow all the napkins out from under your seat though.

Jes,
I like the way you set up your tail lights. Did you do that or is it a kit ? I have replaced a few plastic lights. More then I care to admit at $35 a pop. I'm an ex-Bay Area boy. Move from Vallejo to Boise 22 years ago. You'd love the wheelin up here. Check out the website video page on my profile. Some of our area were part of Peterson's Ultimate Adventure last year.
Post more pics. Side views too if you have them. That XJ is pretty sweet.

Last edited:
Back