• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unbolt one side sway for trail ride

Frankkl

NAXJA Forum User
I did my lift recently and did not install swaybar disco...yet. Durring the intall I broke one sway bar link so I have a new one on the left side. I will be going for a trail ride and I was think of just unbolting the top nut of the link on the left side. Is this ok. The tread is Ok because its new so it wont brake off but should I or not.

Thank

It will work, but I am not sure how well. IMO the sway bar will limit the droop on the side its hooked up on.

If you're using the stock links, with one side unbolted and the other side hooked up, it can break the top of the one that's still hooked up, or at least bend the crap out of it. Ask me how I know. :D

Just get a couple of 10mm wing nuts to replace the stock 10mm nuts so it's easier to disconnect both links. I did mine that way for a very long time.

I unbolt mine like Goatman said, it takes less than 5 min. and its cheap. Use a short bungee to pull the sway up and out of the way. expect the left side link to scrape the trac bar mount on full articulation unless you fold it down some.

You will be amazed at the places you can go without the sway attached.

Back