• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's Time for Suspension Upgrade

SharkXJ said:
Bend from crawlin' or bend from rocks?
I'm not sure you can have one without the other... :)

Somewhere in here:

LittleSluice.jpg

Capt. Nemo said:
I'm not sure you can have one without the other... :)

Somewhere in here:

LittleSluice.jpg

I'd like to vote anything bent in that picture can't be faulted to the hardware. ;)

What front diff guard is that? It looks like the 4xdoctor one, but with 2 too many bars.

I nailed it on some rocks. Actually, the entire vehicle was pivoting on it, so I can't really fault the skid. TnT is one of the best set-ups out there if you ask me.

The front skid is from here:
http://www.purplecranium.com/

Shhh. Best kept secret out there... ;) For the price, it's an awesome guard. It's taken a beating, and the only thing that's happened is that the spider shape thing on the front fell off :)

i love thier "suspention reccomendation chart"

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]T&T Y-Linktm:
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Axle Location: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Comments. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Steering: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla bla, bla . [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Suspension Limiting: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Comments. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Shocks: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Comments. [/FONT]

lol

A couple of quickies from when I put mine in:
-Torque the bolts connecting the arms to the belly pan before you put it up. That's either not in the instructions or I grazed over it. Much easier to do before the pan is up.
-When adjusting the length of the whole arm, it's easier to unbolt both spots from the axle than the one on the pan. I'm not sure why I had to do it twice before I realized that.
-Get on those jam nuts with the biggest wrench you have when you're done. It will save you lots of time searching for clunks the first few times you take it out.

Thanks for the replies :) I am running an AW4.

Just got the rest of the kit yesterday (all RE stuff) and decided to beef up the steering and order the Currie Set up. Could go high steer for the same price but I just don't have time to do all of the work.

Can't wait to get htis thing done......

Just got it done today. Teh street ride is so much better then I thought it would be. Gonna take it out this weekend and get it twisted to see if I need anything before my trip ont eh 2nd.

47b7db35b3127cce84580db9e9fd00000026108AaNmrVu0ZNs

47b7db35b3127cce84580d9468e000000026108AaNmrVu0ZNs

47b7db35b3127cce84580d9268e600000026108AaNmrVu0ZNs

47b7db35b3127cce84580d9fe9db00000026108AaNmrVu0ZNs

Stoked :yelclap:

Back