• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ Seats in my '93 XJ

Rust Heap

NAXJA Forum User
This is what I've been doing for the past two days (on and off). I really needed better seats in the rear for passengers because it is uncomfortable in back without the headrests. Seats came out of a 2001 Grand strippo model as they are manual. Don't want to get too fancy!

WJSeats002.jpg

WJSeats003.jpg

WJSeats007.jpg

Got the idea from Red 01 XJ and this thread here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41219&highlight=rear+seat+zj

Last edited:
I added the link to where I got most of my info. The rear seat bottom is around 1.5in too wide. The plastic bottom was trimmed to fit and the fabric was pulled taut and riveted in place. You can see the rivets in the pic where the seats are folded down.

Looks great! I really like the way the rear looks. Did you lose any leg room in the rear? I have a 2dr and im thinking about doing what you did.....

XbajajeepX said:
Looks great! I really like the way the rear looks. Did you lose any leg room in the rear? I have a 2dr and im thinking about doing what you did.....

The front seats seem to have more movement for-aft than the old ones so the rear legroom is adjustable.

Seats full forward - I made the passenger seat so it would go farther forward in case I have to put a convertible car seat in. I've heard that some car seats don't fit when rear facing.
WJSeats005.jpg

Seats full aft.
WJSeats004.jpg

Yeah how did you do the front? When I put WJ seats in my 90 I used angle iron and drilled through my floor pan. Did you do it the same way?

RenixPower said:
Yeah how did you do the front? When I put WJ seats in my 90 I used angle iron and drilled through my floor pan. Did you do it the same way?

Yeah, pretty much the same way only I used square tubing.

Back