• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recent Engine Troubles

BADaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Since about the beginning of last week i have noticed that my engine stats have been spurratic and out of the ordinary... My temp was ALWAYS right at 210, even when wheeling it would barely sneek up more than a few degrees. Now it is usually around 210, but just after its warmed up, it'll go past 210 then drop back down- sticking thermostat? and when sitting/idling or wheeling, it heats up pretty quick and almost goes to the next line on the guage... never had that happen before
thumbdown.gif
even with my auxilary fan on all the time (switch wired in) it will still heat up. i changed my water pump and coolant this winter and the old water pump destroyed itself and chewed away the casting next to the impeller so there were little shavings everywhere but i thought i flushed most of them out. coolant is full and i've tried running it with the rad. cap off and no bubbles come out, only coolant and the tank is just above the full line.

Next order of business is the oil pressure
brickwall.gif
My oil pressure was ALWAYS steady at 40 or just a smidge above and would dip down to maybe 20 at idle. Now it goes down to about 10 at idle and won't go up past 20 until about 1500-1750rpms. I figured it was just the oil, i was a few miles past the time to change it... so today i changed it and didin't see much difference. Changing the oil usually fixes the low pressure issue- but not this time. I filled it with almost 7 quarts (oversize filter) of 10w-30
rtft.gif

I think i'm going to go to the dealership and pick up a new thermostat and radiator cap tomorrow and go from there. what do you think? as for the oil pressure issue, i'm at a loss
confused.gif

Just curious as to what you guys had to say and where you think i should start with this. Thanks!

Back