• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauge Problem

VinceYJ

NAXJA Forum User
So driving to work today the AIRBAG light comes on and the speedo drops to zero. I smacked the top and everything went back to normal. Then a little while later the RPM's went to zero and the AIRBAG light came on again. Again a smack cured it.
Hasn't done it since....wierd...cluster? Wiring? Ideas?

Common issue on the last generation XJ's....I believe it's because the connections become corroded on the back of the instrument pannel. Do a search, it's quite common in the 97+ TJ's as well...

I have the same problem on my '01. I usually have to smack the top of the dash 2-3 times a week and it goes away. I imagine corroded/loose connections are the culprit.

WEIRD no factory recall or service that is dealer mandated? DC is falling down again SURPRIZE !!!!

There was some kind of service note years ago, about changing the plug, but I have heard that people just tin the pins with solder to make them fatter and then they have a good conection.

Back