• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting Steering Stablizer off drag link

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
Any Ideas on how to get the stock Steering Stablizer off of the drag link? Mines very well stuck on there. Ive used multiple hammers and still can't seem to get it off. I'm open to any suggestions at this point I hope I'm just a stupid n00b and missed something easy.

Put a back stop in front of the jeep, once it comes out those suckers literally shoot out. I was doing too much damage to myself when I tried to remove my factory one and took it to a shop, they took it out, damn near put the bolt thru a window 50ft away but it came out..

RichP said:
Put a back stop in front of the jeep, once it comes out those suckers literally shoot out. I was doing too much damage to myself when I tried to remove my factory one and took it to a shop, they took it out, damn near put the bolt thru a window 50ft away but it came out..

I don't feel so bad now not being able to get the fawker off. I have a factory front skid so that should stop it

I put the nut on back on, but only turned down flush with the top of the threads, so there was some room. When it popped free, the nut kept it from flying away.

I used a combination of heat and a tie-rod puller, the heat came from a $13 plumber's torch. That torch was worth every penny, used 2 dozen times in the last 2 years.

Back