• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 disco question

ferret063

NAXJA Forum User
Well for the past few days i have been searching on how to eliminate the vacuum system on my front dana 30. I believe i have read just about every thread there is about it. I have decided i wanted to just slide the shift fork over into the engaged position by doing this http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2001&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30 about 3/4 of the way down the page. I understand i will have to get my front driveshaft balanced, but other than that will it cause in harm? I will be daily driving this and i dont want to mess anything up.

Thanks in advance
Adam

Why not just get the 1 peice shaft?

Because you have to install a new axle seal, which involves pulling the carrier out. Not that hard, even I can do it. I don't think you can use the stock seal on the disco differential. That info is floating out there somewhere.

Fred

Fred said:
Because you have to install a new axle seal, which involves pulling the carrier out. Not that hard, even I can do it. I don't think you can use the stock seal on the disco differential. That info is floating out there somewhere.

Fred

Its in the link at the top. ;)

ferret063 said:
Basically because I'm a broke highschool kid. But i will eventually upgrade to the 1 peice shaft if the other way causes problems.

Touche.

However, if you have a local junk yard, go there. 1 piece 297 shafts arent high priced from a yard.

Back