• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Hub Fuses?

Cornfed-87XJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I was wondering if anyone has experience with using the Warn hub fuses. In theory they sound great. It would be much easier to swap out the clutch ring in the hub rather than swap out U-joints on the trail. I will be running ARB's so I won't have the problems with automatic lockers that I have heard (similar to an axle shaft breaking).

I am leary of talking to Warn since they are just trying to sell a product. I have read the articles and their sales promotion, but what I am looking for is real world experience with this product. I have tried searching, but in the dozens of pages of results, all seem to be either about either fuses or Warn hubs but not both.

I may be wrong but I do not think they make the fuse for their D30 conversion kits
I have the hubs and called once and there was no part # for it
wish they did

The fuse only comes on the 5x5 conversion for D30s. The standard 5x4.5 bolt pattern hub conversion doesn't have fuses. Warn calls the fuse-equipped version their "Premium" kit.

BlackJax said:
The fuse only comes on the 5x5 conversion for D30s. The standard 5x4.5 bolt pattern hub conversion doesn't have fuses. Warn calls the fuse-equipped version their "Premium" kit.

I've never seen a 5x5 conversion kit ;)

Sorry, I should have said that I am building a waggy front axle with 5.13's an ARB. I am currently gathering all of the parts for a 6X5.5 to 5X5.5 conversion, and I will be iusing Warn premium hubs.

Back