• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

242 issues

onlyinajeep07

NAXJA Forum User
i was just reading the RE 5.5 XJLA description and it brought to my attention an issue that I may have. It said that a kit over 3.5" "may cause unnacceptable" front driveshaft vibes. I already have the RE 3.5" kit with an SYE but I want to upgrade to the T&T long arm 5.5" kit. I was just curious what the deal with the front driveline vibes was. Is it gunna vibrate only when its in full time 4, or what...thanks guys

if you have a later model non-CAD d30 you will feel the vibes regardless of what the t-case is in because the driveshaft is always spinning.

the vibrations probably going to be cause by the pinion angle:
the front drive shaft has a cv joint on the transfercase side to get rid of vibes but the u-joint on the axle side need to be at a 0 degree angle with the pinion or you will get said vibes and after you lift the vehicle it will no longer be at the correct angle.

the front pinion angle is harder to change than the rear since when you change front pinion angle you also change caster, and having incorrect pinion angle is the lesser of 2 evils because incorrect caster will cause serious handling problems

the only way to correctly fix the problem is to set the pinion angle to 0 degrees with the driveshaft and then cut the inner C's from the axle and rotate them to the stock caster angle and weld them back on

Back